Capital Gains Tax Reporting – 60 Days

Many people don’t know that when they sell a property in the UK and have capital gains tax to pay, they only have 60 days to report this and pay the tax owed.

If you’re a non-resident, you have to file even if you made a loss !

Do you need to file a Property Disposal Form?

> Are you selling, or have you recently sold, a residential property in the UK?

> Was the property rented out at any time of ownership, or was it not your primary residence (i.e a second home)?

If you have answered YES to the two questions above then you may be required to report the disposal and pay any capital gains tax due on the sale within 60 days.

Capital Gains Tax for Expats / Non-Residents

ALL non-resident expats in the UK, MUST report any capital gains and pay any taxes owed on UK property within 60 days of completion. Even if you make a loss on the sale, you need to report it.

Capital Gains Tax for UK Nationals & Residents

Whether you need to file a report and/or pay CGT will depend on several factors including:

  • Total proceeds of sale
  • Whether you were resident in the property and for how long
  • Must you pay in 60 days or can you wait until your self-assessment tax return?

To find out if you need to file, follow the detail in the flow chart below. You can also read Capital Gains Tax on Residential Property to learn more about the latest rules.

Capital Gains Tax 30 Day Reporting Flowchart

If you’d like our tax accountants to file on your behalf, just click on the link and buy the CGT Reporting Package now.

If you’re still not sure whether you need to file, contact our accounting team for GCT advice.

Need to file?

We’ll get it done for you.
Get us to do your Capital Gains Tax 60 Day Reporting

£750 +VAT


When Hippo completes your 60 Day CGT Form we will give learning material to a girl who has been rescued from sex trafficking

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Verified by MonsterInsights